Skip to main content

Christmas Car Park offer

Put the car parking offer to the test!


Make the most of the free car parking in Worcester on Thursdays – ideal for late night Christmas shopping - and the great deal on Sundays, brought to you by Worcester City Council.

“Worcester has a fantastic retail offering for people like myself who have lots of presents to get,” says Santa Claus. 

“These parking deals will help shoppers’ money go even further, so they can enjoy an even merrier Christmas – ho, ho, ho!”

On Thursdays, you will be able to park free from 6.00pm until the end of the day in all of Worcester’s City Council owned car parks, from now up ‘til and including Thursday 20 December.

On Sundays, you will be able to pay for two hours’ parking but get rest of the day free - simply buy the two hour ticket and display it on your dashboard for the rest of the day. This fantastic offer is available from Sunday 9 December up until and including Sunday 30 December.

The City Council owns the following car parks:

Copenhagen St
Cornmarket (offer does not apply for Thursday 29 November and Sunday 2 December, when access is closed off for Christmas Fayre)
Providence St
Cattle Market
King St
Newport St
St. Martins Gate
Clare St
Commandery Rd
Orchard House
Pitchcroft
The Moors
Tybridge St
Tallow Hill
Croft Road (offer does not apply for lorries and coaches)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new Friends Group

A new Website and Online Forum has been set up by a group of  of enthusiastic volunteers and local residents from Diglis. The website seeks to encourage local involvement and discussion regarding local issues. In addition to this the Forum is in the process of setting up a formal Friends group for the Diglis Playing Fields. If you would like to get involved please contact Claire Marshall @ claire-marshall@tiscali.co.uk or wisit the web-site register and get involved in the discussion boards. www.diglis.com I think this is a brilliant idea and could not come at a better time. The playing fields have to be protected for community use and the best way to go about this is by forming a local friends group and then lobbying Local Gov for action. I am fully supportive of this forum and will help as much as I can to help with local issues.

Cabinet Post & New Objectives

I have been promoted to the Cabinet and now hold the portfolio for safer & stronger communities. Under my remit I will take ownership of policy in the following key areas: -Responsible for delivery of Safer & Stronger Communities key priorities -Oversee the work of strategic housing, licensing & environmental health, sports & leisure,museums, CCTV & community safety and Service Managers for Safer & ... Stronger Communities and Strategic Housing I am the Cabinet link to Worcester Community Trust, Regulatory & Museums Shared Service. During my year as Chair of licensing I managed to introduce several key policies including the introduction of a cumilative Impact Zone in the city centre, the acceptance of rear access vehicles to the fleet and the delegation of powers to officers. Amongst the things I was working on were the introduction of a agreement for 'Chuggers' on the high street and was looking for an increase in vehicle inspections to increas...

Land Identified in SWDP at Stanley Road

I have today set up a petition for the above propostion in response to a a few enquiries from concerned local residents .  This is a new site under the SWDP so we have a right to object to it. I will be consulting local residents in the next few weeks so all our views are heard, I campaigned for a roadshow to be put on at the Midland Road community centre last year to explain what the SWDP meant for our community, but these never happened . I am determined to make sure all of our views count, So please can all the people who object to this scheme please contact me, if you don't know what it is about then please contact me directly so that I can explain this to you. Petition to Object to Land Identified in the SWDP at Stanley Road to be allocated for Housing purposes Petition Summary: We the Undersigned object to the former PRU Site on Stanley road to be allocated as housing land. This is due to several factors. Stanley road is the HUB of a thriving local commun...