Skip to main content

Coroner, sorry were Closed


This is a copy of a letter I sent today to the County Council/ Police & Local MP Robin Walker

I hope that that this letter reaches you in good health & spirit. I would like to take this opportunity firstly to thank your Council for the great service that we received in our time of difficulty & secondly to ask for some assistance in a matter that affects non-Christian Faith communities within Worcester & the Shire.

Over the weekend my aunt passed away at the Worcester Royal Hospital & we found ourselves in a awkward situation where we needed a death certificate issued, so that the body could be released for burial preparation. Your Registrar Ros Parker went out of her way to to come in and help us to sort our matter out & issue the family with a death certificate. She kindly explained all the procedures & steps required so that our passage would be made easier.

However everything went according to plan except that we unable to make contact with the coroner. I tried all avenues , from looking on your web-site which lists a number which asks you to ring the police for an out of hours service. Consequently we tried the police who would not release the information due to data protection issues. After this failed, I contacted Mark Broughton Local Police Officer for Cathedral Ward, who stated that they did not have this information at all. After exhausting these options and contacting Cllr John Campion who was extremely helpful but did not have any other out of hours number, we returned to Ros Parker who tried to contact the coroners service for us. She was unsuccessful but did manage to find out that, no out of hours service exists for the coroner in the County and that we would be unable to do anything about till Tuesday morning.

As you can appreciate this has caused the family unnecessary stress & anxiety by not being able to proceed with the funeral & burial service. I ask kindly by appealing to you from not only my personal experience but from others that have had to face this difficulty in the past & those yet to experience it, that this be reviewed & that provision is made for an out of hours service. It is I believe an opportunity to bridge the gap that currently exists in the whole process of the excellent service that you provide and would enable a grieving family/community to help the deceased soul's transition from this world to the next as quickly & smoothly as possible.

I trust that this would be something that you can consider as a sensitive issue that needs to be handled delicately and pray that you are committed to a positive outcome of this situation.

Kind regards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new Friends Group

A new Website and Online Forum has been set up by a group of  of enthusiastic volunteers and local residents from Diglis. The website seeks to encourage local involvement and discussion regarding local issues. In addition to this the Forum is in the process of setting up a formal Friends group for the Diglis Playing Fields. If you would like to get involved please contact Claire Marshall @ claire-marshall@tiscali.co.uk or wisit the web-site register and get involved in the discussion boards. www.diglis.com I think this is a brilliant idea and could not come at a better time. The playing fields have to be protected for community use and the best way to go about this is by forming a local friends group and then lobbying Local Gov for action. I am fully supportive of this forum and will help as much as I can to help with local issues.

Cabinet Post & New Objectives

I have been promoted to the Cabinet and now hold the portfolio for safer & stronger communities. Under my remit I will take ownership of policy in the following key areas: -Responsible for delivery of Safer & Stronger Communities key priorities -Oversee the work of strategic housing, licensing & environmental health, sports & leisure,museums, CCTV & community safety and Service Managers for Safer & ... Stronger Communities and Strategic Housing I am the Cabinet link to Worcester Community Trust, Regulatory & Museums Shared Service. During my year as Chair of licensing I managed to introduce several key policies including the introduction of a cumilative Impact Zone in the city centre, the acceptance of rear access vehicles to the fleet and the delegation of powers to officers. Amongst the things I was working on were the introduction of a agreement for 'Chuggers' on the high street and was looking for an increase in vehicle inspections to increas...

Land Identified in SWDP at Stanley Road

I have today set up a petition for the above propostion in response to a a few enquiries from concerned local residents .  This is a new site under the SWDP so we have a right to object to it. I will be consulting local residents in the next few weeks so all our views are heard, I campaigned for a roadshow to be put on at the Midland Road community centre last year to explain what the SWDP meant for our community, but these never happened . I am determined to make sure all of our views count, So please can all the people who object to this scheme please contact me, if you don't know what it is about then please contact me directly so that I can explain this to you. Petition to Object to Land Identified in the SWDP at Stanley Road to be allocated for Housing purposes Petition Summary: We the Undersigned object to the former PRU Site on Stanley road to be allocated as housing land. This is due to several factors. Stanley road is the HUB of a thriving local commun...